"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Monday, November 17, 2008

impact

This is my buddy, Luke... the little white kid with long blonde hair.

I got an email from his dad today saying he was looking over his son's shoulder and found him making this video. A group of us went to Africa in June, and it's now nearly December. As Luke's dad said in his email this morning, "I guess I know where his thoughts still are..."

Just wanted to share with you the impact Africa had not only on my life, but obviously Luke's as well...

Nice job, Luke! Hope we make it back to Africa together.


1 comment:

Shelley said...

Thanks JJ for posting this.
Thanks Luke for making this.
I am crying so hard for them, for me, for my selfishness. Take this badge off of me, I can't use it anymore.
I never went there, but often, my heart does. Sometimes JJ, I picture us all dancing barefeet with the ladies of the village. Feels like I'm knockin' on Heaven's door.