"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It's Not Me!

Whatever good you see, whatever smile, whatever laugh, whatever help I give or hand I offer... please know, it's not me!

I am not amazing... God is amazing!

The good is God, the rest is me.

God is using me for something, and I don't know what it is, but I do know what will stand in the way... myself. Giving myself the glory instead of God. Giving myself the praise for what I have done, instead of thanking God for what He has done in me.

I want people to praise me, I want people to think I'm great, and I don't want to share that greatness with anyone else.

Feeling this way has left me tired and worn out. I was recently told that no one in the New Testament goes it alone, which is exactly what I try to do. If I go it alone, no one else can share the credit... my credit, my glory, my fame... although none of it belongs to me in the first place.

I say I want to give God the glory, yet I am constantly stealing it from him. And I'm tired. It takes a lot of energy to steal from God, and I just don't think I can keep up anymore.

So please know, whatever good words may come from my mouth, or good works from my hands, it is God, and not I.

God is good.

I am human...

Just like you.

2 comments:

Kathy Jarman said...

As always JJ your words inspire me or should I say when you partner with God the inspiration flows!

There was one person that went it alone in the New Testament...his name was Judas...yeah, not a good example to follow.

God bless - KathyJ

Shelley said...

Many people have to remember this often...
But keep this in your heart, God chose you, and you are precious to Him. Get your praises from God, and have that empty place in your heart filled. Sometimes that comes from others, and when you share that with God, you will feel pure joy.
I truly love how much you share, it is great!