"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Um...

WHAT is that white stuff on the ground?

it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

I woke up a few times really early this morning before actually getting out of bed. It felt like someone was waking me up because I would be in a real deep sleep and then wake up suddenly as if someone was shaking me, but also very calmly as if they were whispering my name.

Once I actually got out of bed, I knew who it was. Believe me, I realize the cheesiness of what I'm about to say, but I also whole heartedly believe it was God. He was like an excited little kid who couldn't wait for me to wake up and see the snow. I knew it was him because as soon as I walked upstairs and looked out the window it was like my breath was taken away and God said "See, see what I wanted to show you? Isn't it beautiful?"

He was just as excited as I was... except I don't think he was as excited about the snow as he was just seeing my reaction to it. It's like when you get someone the perfect gift and the only thing you want in return is to see how much they love it.

Well, I can sure say one thing about this morning... He delivered!!!

And it was perfect!

This is a side of God I have never really seen. I mean, I've maybe seen glimpse of it back in South Carolina... a few snow flurries here, a few there... but the glimpses just don't do the reality of how beautiful it is justice. And by "it," I mean this side of God.

Wow... God is even showing me just how big and beautiful He is in Warrenville, Illinois.

I have expereinced God in Spanish in Guatemala, Afrikkans in South Africa, English in England (hah.. kidding... but not really... he has a cool british accent too). I've seen him in the waves of the ocean and the sand on the beaches. I have been blessed to see sides of God in some amazing places, and today I have discovered another side of God that has truley taken my breath away.

I miss the beach. I've always said I feel alive when I'm in the ocean. But the snow awakens something in me that I didn't know was there... until today.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you for the ordinary days... because they make days like this absolutely amazing!

5 comments:

Darcie said...

Just browsing blogs and ran across yours. I really enjoy your posts, especially your 11/14 one.

Anonymous said...

isn't the snow gorgeous!!! i LOVE it!! we should plan to go play in it sometime soon!! :-)

Anonymous said...

ok - so i totally intended to thank you for your comment - and for reading my blog - and then i marked your message as spam accidentally... sorry!!
i had a glance over ur blog... and there's about a million things i want to say. but im just gonna start with a question: do you read?
ur in my head - that doesn't happen with many people. i'd like to explore that. :)
ur also a fantastic writer.
-sher

Shelley said...

I think its wonderful how God romances us with nature. Once, an owl flew down right infront of me and landed at a busy corner. I swear it was God flirting with me. I never ever see owls except at zoos. It was majestic.

Anonymous said...

HI JJ - I loved your response to the snow and the joy it brought to God's heart to see your delight!
Thank you for sharing - your words express such depth and meaning.
Much love,
Ma