"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Thursday, September 18, 2008

we are

This is one of those experiments where I start writing and wait to see what happens. I don't know where I'm going with it, I'm just going to start... and not stop... until it all comes out.

I really have no words right now, but I have the itch to write. I don't journal anymore. I wish I did, but I don't. I guess this has become my way of recording my thoughts and feelings... why I feel the need to share it publicly... I don't know.

To be honest, I think it's because I don't care.

I don't mean this in a rude way, so please, take it as it applies to your role in my life and not personally, but to be honest... I don't care what you think of me, nor what you read about me.

I don't care what you may have heard about me, what you think you know about me, or what you really do know about me.

I just... don't care.

I'm sure most of you are calling my bluff right now, because to a degree, we all care about what people think of us. And OK, to a degree I admit that I do care. I totally care what you think, and he thinks, and she thinks. I care what they think, and what they don't think.

But the reason why I really don't care is because it doesn't matter.

People's thoughts of me... don't define me. My own thoughts of me... don't define me.

I'm not even saying this in an angry way, as if someone said something about me so I am passively handling the situation by blogging about it... nope... like I said, I'm just going with what comes out and I guess this topic is on one of my plates.

Good or bad... think what you will. It might even bother me... but it doesn't matter.

And here's food for thought... what I think of you... doesn't matter. My thoughts of you... don't define you. Your own thoughts of you... don't define you.

There's one real truth in life. One ultimate reality. One truth of who we really are.



For a while I used to listen to you, and him, and her, and they, and them, to tell me who I really am... but the hes and shes and theys and thems of this world have no authority to tell me who I am. They can be better than me in their eyes, and I can be better than them in my eyes, but really, neither one of us are better than the other... not according to ultimate truth.

Ultimate truth that says I AM LOVED.

Ultimate truth that says YOU ARE LOVED.

So... to you who hurt me, and to you who I hurt... to you who knows me well, and to you who knows me not at all... to you who I judged, and to you who judged me... to you who is my friend, and to you who is not... to you who doesn't talk to me, and to you who I don't talk to...

WE ARE LOVED.

That's all that matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should add this to our collage.

Love you.