"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Friday, July 3, 2009

no more

I talked to my dad on the phone tonight.

I sat in the driveway, swatted mosquitoes off my feet, and cried while I listened to his voice. 

I love his voice. It calms me yet causes me to cry all at the same time.

I missed him so much that I got in my car and drove to my uncle's house, his brother, who fortunately lives only 5 minutes away, and who happens to look just like him, and I sat at his feet and I felt like I was home.


I stayed over for a while and just laid on the floor. We watched a dateline show about Michael Jackson's death, ate fruit popsicles, then walked the dogs one last time before bed (and not just any dogs, mind you, great danes... flippin' huge!).

And now I find myself here... speechless, yet wanting so desperately to write.

And I got nothing. I pray that soon my words will return to me... for even this little bit was hard for me to get out.

I knew I had to start somewhere, so I started with my dad.

Upon hearing his voice, I wanted to start writing again... even if I had nothing to say, I just had to say something... 





I've been silent long enough.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you are writing again.
I loved reading your writing.
Love,
Ma