"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Friday, July 2, 2010

p(r)aying for school

I'm spending my Friday night on Fourth of July weekend applying for loans to go to school. I thought I'd take a break to share with the rest of the world wide web how incredibly cool I am.

Before applying for loans I was packing up my books and CDs and calling used CD and book stores to see if I could sell them. Man, the more I write, the cooler I get.

Before that I was taking pictures of my bed. I'm gonna sell that too. I'll post a picture of it and if you're interested in a super nice, most comfortable twin bed ever, let me know.

I know you can't imagine it getting any better than this, but I have a few other things that I can't post online, legal of course, but they were gifts and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings in case they read this and find out I am selling something they gave me... but if you're curious and interested, let me know.

For those who are really curious... I will mail you a small mystery box* for the low low price of $25 (shipping included). I know it's kind of steep, but that's what you pay for a good mystery and a good cause!

If I can manage to part with them, I want to start selling some of my paintings. That's the problem with being an artist... I want to make a living doing it, yet I seem to want to keep everything I make. Aye aye aye.

I'll keep you up to date as other ideas come to mind. Until then, I've got to get back to my loan applications and my chocolate milk.

Goodnight.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Definitely consider the paintings.

Chloe said...

I agree with what Dan said. Just scrolled down to see some of your artwork --it's so dynamic. By the way, we've met. Saw you at a GFR dinner at CCC. You played and shared your experience in Uganda. So cool of you.

J Joy B said...

thanks guys!!! thats so encouraging! (angela... i remember meeting you!! so nice to hear from you! hope you are well!)

Anonymous said...

Are you selling anything I gave you? Mom (just kidding - sell whatever you want that is yours!)