"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Friday, June 25, 2010

creating beauty

Some of these photographs are not my own, but ones taken by dear friends and loved ones. In addition, some of these photographs are my own and I was blessed to actually come face to face and spend time with the ones I photographed. I love the diversity of the people portrayed, as well as the differences in each of their stories, but most of all I love the bond that all of us (sometimes unknowingly) share... the deep human need to be loved.

Not just these people, but all people, people we know and love, people we often overlook, are all so beautiful in ways that not even we as humans can comprehend.

I want to try harder to look for the beauty in people... all people. Whether we admit it or not, all of us were created in the very image of God, who sees Christ Himself when He looks at us.

Jesus is not religion, Jesus is love. As you look at all of these photos, I hope you see Jesus in each and every face.










































Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

-Isaiah 40:28*


*emphasis added

2 comments:

Ian said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures - especially Jackson, Emily, Ian and the others I recognized! You are creative!
Love,
Mom