"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Monday, October 29, 2007

Cracker Barrel Revelations

I had coffee with God this morning.

We've been hanging out for a while now, and even though he's always with me, we decided to meet up at Cracker Barrel.

We stayed there quite a while and enjoyed fresh coffee and even biscuits and gravy. We talked for a while. We sat in silence. He watched me while I journaled. It was nice.

For a while I just watched the people around me. I noticed I was the youngest person there by almost 40 years. No joke.

It made me start thinking... about how I always rush to grow up. And it made me wonder... why?

after observing those wise in their years, it hit me...

I have the rest of my life to be old... why am I trying to grow up now?


I also observed the couples there. Some looked like life long friends, others looked tired of each other. One younger couple walked in and I noticed that the man and I were dressed almost exactly alike... brown sweater, dark jeans, black shoes, all topped off with a hat. I don't know if that means I dress like a boy or he dresses like a girl.

Anyway, you could tell his wife was hip and trendy. She definitely dressed like a girl. To me they kinda looked like opposites, but I began to wonder if that's what attracted them to each other. I guess it makes sense when I think about it, most guys don't go for girls that dress like them. My point has nothing to do with her husband and I having the same taste, but everything to do with her and him having different taste (but to be honest... yes... it crossed my mind if he and I would make a good couple). I have always questioned if opposites really do attract. My philosophy has always been "opposites attract... then they attack!"

But then I got to thinking about a support group I went to last week. We talked about how it was a good thing that none of us were God. Infact, that's what makes God and I's relationship so good... the fact that He is God and I am not. The fact that He forgives and I sin.

God and I are pretty different... think about it... I'm a mere human... He's the creator of the universe!

but the two of us together... WOW!!

I've heard if before, and I'll have to agree... God and I's relationship is proof that opposites do attract!

No comments: