"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Monday, October 15, 2007

letters in prision

What has happened to me is what will deliver me.

I'm stuck in these chains and I'm tied to the ground, and I lay here in doubt that I will ever be free.

I lay in my own prison.
And I wait.
I wait on you to get me out.

But you want me to stay.

You want me to stay so I can serve my time, so I can learn my lesson, so I can conquer my doubt.

But my doubt is what prolongs my stay. If only I could let it go... and be still... still enough to know who you are.

Each time I move I lose sight of you, till I can no longer see a way out... not even you, you who offers a way, the only way.

I want to be with you. I don't want to be left here.
But you tell me to trust you.

Listening to your voice I begin to calm down. I stay right where I am and I lay in my mess. I lay in my chains and I lay tied to the ground.

I lay in my chains and I sleep there every day and every night. It is in the stillness that I begin to see everyone else around me. All of them are trying so hard to get out... something I tried, but I couldn't do...
Didn't they notice?

If only they could be still. Still enough to know who you are.

At each move they make they lose sight of you. At each move they make they lose sight of the way.

This was when I realized why I was here, and the purpose of my chains.

Eventhough my chains held me back, they made me scream your name. They made me scream loud enough for everyone to hear.

And everyone was silent.
And everyone was still.

Everyone was still. And they knew who you were because they were still. They knew who you were because my chains screamed your name. They knew who you were because my chains held me down.


.....................................................................................................


Inspired by the letters of Paul to the Phillipians

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Wow! JJ I got goosebumps.
I often wonder at the thorn in Paul's side. I think we are meant to wonder, so that we can all relate to Paul.

Its awesome what happens when we stop fighting the chains. I need to remember that.