"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Saturday, November 3, 2007

let her be

Normally when I blog I am listening to some type of music. Normally when I read my bible I am listening to some type of music. Normally when I drive in my car... I am listening to some type of music.

I am obessed with music.

But now I'm sitting here in silence, and it feels awkward. I don't even know if I know what to say since I don't have the music to move me. I just feel blah.

I've got so many thoughts going through my head that I don't even know where to start.

I barely ate today... I think that's why I feel so down, and so speechless. I have nothing profound or encouraging to say because... I don't care. Why am I taking care of myself again?

I know... "this too shall pass..." but it still sucks in the moment. No wonder we always want quick fixes.

This is so hard. It's so hard to just be! I don't even have to do anything, just being is hard!

I'm having a hard time being me right now. I'm having a hard time being alone. I'm having a hard time being in silence. I'm having a hard time just being.

What does that mean... "Be still and know that I am God."


It doesn't say stay still, or act still, or look still... scripture says be still. So this is who I am supposed to be... I'm supposed to be still and know that He is God. (not me.)

Nike says "just do it!"... a motto I used to live by.

God says "just be!"

No comments: