"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Sunday, January 27, 2008

???

His eye is on the sparrow.

And I know He watches me.

I sing because I'm happy.

I sing because I'm free.

His eye is on the sparrow.

And I know He watches me.


Lord,
May this be my prayer for today. May this be just enough for today. May I be satisifed in knowing that you are watching over me. May these words pierce all of us so that we may know the depth of your love for us. Simple words with great truth. May your truth always be simple enough for us to recieve but great enough to never make sense of.

When has God ever made sense?

May my actions reflect that... that what God is asking me to do does not make sense... but it doesn't matter, cause it's not about me... it's about God. My God. The one I am willing to not make sense for.

Because what he did for me...

makes no sense at all.

2 comments:

Ellie said...

hey thanks for the talk in the cafe today. it was really encouraging to hear that i am doing the right thing. it just feels so alone lately, and its been hard to stand my ground.
thank you for listening.

J Joy B said...

anytime chica. know I love ya! and know I have two ears and one mouth... so it's easier for me to listen! :)