"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Monday, January 14, 2008

heartbeats

Life is hard, right?

But it doesn't have to be. I mean, it can be hard, but we don't have to let that determine how we are going to live our lives.

So what are we going to do about it? What are you going to do about it? What am I going to do about it?

I don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet, but I can tell you what I'm not going to do...

I'm not going to let society tell me how to live my life. I'm not going to let the world determine what's important to me and what's not. I'm not going to let the "American dream" define what it means to be successful.

I'm going to pursue passion, not a paycheck. I'm going to pursue excitement, adventure, and laughter. I'm going to pursue a God who put a beat in my heart for something more than just a 9 to 5 desk job with great benefits. I'm going to appreciate the offers I get and the opportunities I am given, but I'm also going to thank God that I don't have to settle for an offer that doesn't offer me life, or the ability to use my gifts. I'm going to thank God that I don't have to settle for something less.

I'd rather settle for a lesser pay than a lesser life.

Jesus didn't just promise life... he promised an abundant life... a life to the full... a life worth living.

Does society promise that? And before you say yes, ask yourself, can society garauntee it?

Don't chase the American dream... chase the heartbeat.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

When you have something to fight for, it makes life worth living, doesn't it.
I love you JJ!