"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

O.M.G.

I can't eat.

I can't breathe.

I can't think.

I can't stand up straight.



When God reveals a bit of his plan for your life, it is so all consuming that you literally do not know what to do with yourself. At least that's how I feel.

I've been feeling God nudge me for a while, saying it's time to move on, which I am OK with, I just didn't know what to move on to.

I still sort of don't know... but I got a glimpse of what it looks like.

Just a glimpse, and I can barely breathe.

Barely breathe because I know it's not my will... it's His.

It's like this combination of being terrified and excited, and wanting so badly to follow Him, yet be sad to leave what is behind, and the whole idea of the unknown, yet the comfort in knowing that He knows...

it is... intense... to say the least.

Don't worry... I'm going to eat. I'm going to breathe. I may sit down, but I'm going to think this through.

I'm going to pray, and I'm going to ask you to pray with me, pray for me.

I'm terrified. Terrified because I realize I want to drop everything and follow Him... terrified because that may not look the way I want it to. Terrified because it's so unknown...

I'm terrified... and I love it! I love every bit of it... because I feel alive! I feel so alive!


BLAH!!!!!!!!

How to even end this, I don't even know. I just had to mark this date... the day that God has begun the process.



Someone once told me that God has something really big planned for me, and it changed my life... and my perspective on God as an active pursuer and not just an avid watcher.

And while I still may not know what exactly God has for me, I know that the process has begun!

And DAMN... it is exciting!


OH, My God is amazing!

5 comments:

Renata said...

YES HE IS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!! AND I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU BECAUSE I KNOW YOU ARE A WONDERFUL GIFT TO THIS WORLD!!!! I AM SO PRAYING YOU UP!!!!

MUCH MUCH LOVE SIS!!!!!!
R

Corbey said...

Join the club...late night packing for Guatemala...47...sold cars, boat, home, and much stuff...two teenage girls...one a JUNIOR...can't speak the language...never ran a home for abused girls...violence a cultural reality...

...yet would not trade it for anything or turn back...

What's up?

Lauren Cobb said...

Awesome JJ - praying for you, praying with you! Excited for you and what God is going to do through you!!!

I know how you feel - I'm feeling like I'm on the verge of something too. Trying to be patient is hard when you feel His pull start. :-)

Anonymous said...

The best is yet to be - and yet today is the best to be as well.
I am praying with you and for you as well as cheering you on this journey of faith one day at a time.
I love you so much.
Love,
Your mama

Shelley said...

God hit me over the head the other day, I was feeling kinda blah, and he told me that there indeed is big things ahead in my life. But, he doesn't want me to forget my family, and he doesnt want me to forget that this isn't about me, but its about HIM!

JJ, whatever it is that you got a glimpse at, let me tell you... its just the tip of the iceberg.

I am with you all the way. Love you tons and tons!