"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Monday, January 26, 2009

uh... help?

I am out of ideas and am pretty sure my lifelines have all been used up...

so this is me asking for help, behind the safety of a computer (it makes rejection so much easier), and hoping maybe this will get me somewhere... literally... somewhere... preferably work, but even if you can get me half way there, it'd be much appreciated.

Walking is an option, yes, but not when it's 12 degrees outside! Not even the kids in Africa who walk miles to get to school have to do that, nor would they even know how to do it.

So, that said...

as the 3 of you may know (or whoever else may read this), I smashed my car up nice and good before going home for Christmas, which has made it quite convenient for getting places. I have yet to hear if it's fixed, and day after day I have to work up the nerve to ask someone to go out of their way to help me out.

Yes, it is quite inconvenient not just for those who I'm asking, but for myself. It bothers me to know I can't get there on my own, but it more so bothers me to think that I am getting on people's nerves because I am continuously asking for rides. But... such is life, and this has been quite the humbling experience.

Most of my friends have shown me tremendous grace, knowing that through this season I'm probably more so calling for a ride to work than I am to hang out. And for that, I thank them! Hopefully soon things can go back to normal.

All that said....

here is my work schedule. If ANYONE... literally ANYONE can help me out at all in the next two weeks, I would be beyond grateful. I don't have much to give you in return (other than good conversation), which makes it even harder to ask, but none the less, I am asking.


(deep breath) Here we go...


Tue. 1/27 10a-2pm
Wed. 1/28 1pm- ? (I actually need to go to court... for the reason I don't have a car! This could make for a fun ride cause we could talk about how much I appreciate the idea of cops, but how much I really don't like who most of them are!... but I'm trying to... I know... love, love, love!)

Thur. 1/29 10a-5pm
Fri. 1/30 8a-4:30pm

Mon. 2/2 8a-4pm
Wed. 2/4 10:30a- 6pm
Fri. 2/6 8a-4:30pm
Sat. 2/7 10:30a-6pm

Mon. 2/9 8a-3:30pm
Wed. 2/11 10:30a-6pm
Thur. 2/12 11a-5pm


And that's it (for now). As my manager says, the schedule is subject to change (except the court date), so "nevermind(s)" or "oh actually(s)" may come up, for which I apologize in advance.

I also apologize for using my blog as a means of soliciting transportation, but then again, I don't make you read this, so I'm kinda really not that sorry.

Honestly... hopefully I can take you to coffee one day, regardless of if you can give me a ride or not, because I really do hope to just sit and talk with the people who actually read my thoughts.

And then (in all sincerity) I'd like to hear yours.




One day.

Hopefully.

Definitely.

Maybe.




Either way, in the words of the Golden Girls, "Thank you for being a friend!"

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Travel down the road and back again...
You sure have a nutso schedule.
I am free to pick you up from work Tuesday, I just don't know exactly where you work, never been there before, or where you live for that matter.
Wednesday I can take you to court, but I can't stay later than 230 because I have to be at work by 3, so you would need someone to drive you home.
Email me or call my cell. I am back to work tonight.
Love you.

Ellie said...

haha jj i love you and miss you dearly! i havn't seen or talked to you in forever but i do read your blog bc its in my blog feed, i just don't comment like i use too. i still have your number and i htink im ganna be up with my car this weekend, if thats the case ill text you and my car is as good as yours while im up! you took me home lotsa times! i miss you bunches and im always praying for you!

Anonymous said...

... have you called anyone to see if your car is fixed yet?

kt :-) said...

I SO wish I could help you!!! Nashville is too far away. :-( Miss and love you tons and tons.

Anonymous said...

I could handle Saturday, probably both picking you up and dropping you off, but definitely getting you there for starters...just let me know :) And...never be afraid to ask. Especially since I talk to you more than I read this blog :). Rayanna