"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Sunday, May 2, 2010

not quite lost

I went for a walk this evening, but I didn't get very far.

I ending up circling the block, walking in Jewel (for those of you not in the mid-west, it's a grocery store), not buying anything, walking out and walking back home.

I must have looked lost to the people watchers who hang out on the block outside of Jewel. I was just wandering around aimlessly, not really looking for anything. I didn't necessarily have a destination in mind when I started walking, I just started walking. I thought I was going to explore, but I didn't feel led to go any further than around the block and back home. I tried to make it seem like there was purpose in my walk by going to the grocery store, but there was nothing there I needed.

So I walked out.

I came back home, tried to play guitar for a bit, but wasn't feeling inspired or energetic enough to finish.

My eyes keep getting heavier and heavier, making it so hard to keep writing.

I think we should call it a night.

No comments: