"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Sunday, June 29, 2008

oops...



Let me start off by saying I'm sorry.

I'm OK with not thinking through staying in Africa, because I'm OK with staying in Africa.

But what I really didn't think through was my parents finding out I'm not coming home from my blog and not from my mouth. I really left no information as to where I was going to be staying or when I was coming home or if I was even safe, so needless to say I got a few concerned emails from my family.

I love my family. I love that they love me.

So after my apology, let me say I am fine, I am safe, and I have never been better. I am in good hands!

There is a total of 3 teams from my church coming to Africa this summer to help work and love on the people. I was on team 2... meaning one more team still had two weeks ahead of them. I decided to stay for the remainder of the time with team 3 until they return home on July 15th. They arrive on Wednesday and until then I am staying safely in the house Global Family Rescue has rented for the three teams to stay in over the summer. There are bars on the windows and locks on the doors... all of which are surrounded by a huge concrete wall with glass sticking out of the top for those who consider jumping it... safely guarded by Mark who stands by the gate 24/7... with the exception of sleep, in which case he switches out with John... who is just as capable of keeping us safe... even though he's only like 5'4 and probably weighs like 120 pounds.

So needless to say, I am safe.... safe, safe, safe... staying with 4 other people from my church who are here for the whole summer... and together we are awaiting team 3... behind a wall, behind bars, behind locks, and behind 5'4, 120 pound John, we are safe!




Safe, safe, safe... I figure this word can not be overused in a situation where your parents find out you did not get on your flight to return home from Africa.

I'm sorry for the scare. I am safe, I promise. I love you all, especially my fam. And I promise you... I will be on the flight home July 15th... no more surprises... at least not in Africa!





oh ps... mom and dad... check your email... I filled you in with all the deets (that's slang for details). Love y'all!

3 comments:

Carolyn Milani said...

JJ,
Thank you for sharing your heart. You have inspired and moved many of us. We all too often forget the most powerful thing we will ever do is to love. Thanks for reminding me.
-carolyn


p.s. i sent you an email about dog sitting for us when you get home (IF you get home!?!) ha!

Anonymous said...

JJ,
I really enjoyed getting to know you and will be reading your blog daily. I am jealous that you got to stay and we had to come home, but I know you are meant to be there. Keep lovin on them and God bless you for your gift.
Love Debbie (Mom)

Luke and Gene said...

JJ
Here are your pics...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gweaver.pics/JJPics02


Gene