"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Sunday, April 25, 2010

later, gator

Why did the alligator cross the road?


By the looks of it, he was trying to get to the pond on the other side of the highway, but it was hard to tell after being in a three car pile up.

OK, so I'm not that great with the puns... but I am with telling stories, and that's exactly what happened today.

After church, lunch and of course, the Sunday nap, my mom, sister and I decided to be adventurous and head out to Office Depot. We were about halfway to our destination before what may have been one of the weirdest things to ever happen to me, happened to me.

Long story, short...

There was an alligator trying to cross the highway today. As we stopped so as to avoid hitting the car in front of us, who broke for the gator, the car behind us stopped, so as to avoid us.

Disaster averted.

Until another guy came along and hit the guy behind us, who then hit us.

Let me first say that I, along with everyone else, including the gator, is fine... but this is the third time I have been home to visit and ended up in the emergency room.

Due to my minor set back today, I'm going to have to leave you hanging with the details of the story.

Sorry to end so abruptly, but I have to rest before catching a plane tomorrow. I'm heading back to Chicago, where the only thing I have to dodge on the road is construction barrels.

No comments: