"I've always liked the time before dawn because there's no one around to remind me who I'm supposed to be, so it's easier to remember who I am."

-Brian Andreas

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

pointless

23 minutes till midnight and I honestly got nothing.

How can I have nothing to say?

Do I care that much about what I write that I can't write unless it's perfect? I can't come up with the perfect entry in 23 minutes...

oop... 22.

In an attempt to not be perfect, there is absolutely no point to the story I'm about to tell... but who knows, maybe one will come out of it.






A Pointless Story About My Day
by JJ Barrows

My alarm went off this morning at 5:20. I worked from 6:00am-2:30pm, but my day didn't really start until I got home from work.

I painted today.

I got paint stuck in my finger nails, and although I washed most of it out there were definitely some traces left behind resulting in what looked like "hey mom, look, I just dug a hole in the back yard!"

Long story short, because I'm running out of time, I bite my fingernails... a lot.

OK, a whole lot.

Today was no exception, although it would have been nice if it were due to the fact that I had oil and acyclic paints stuck in my fingernails.

I drove out to the suburbs around 7pm, biting my nails, because let's face it... what else is there to do in traffic? And about half way through my trip I began to feel really weird, and kind of woozy.

It suddenly dawned on me that I might possibly be eating paint chips.

And then I realized...

I'm definitely eating paint chips.

By the time I got to my destination, church, mind you, I felt sick and slightly high.

How do I know what's like to feel high? I don't, because the one time I did try pot, I did not inhale.

OK, that's not true, I didn't inhale on more than one occasion.

OK, that's not entirely true either, but that's a topic to be discussed later when I have more than 19 minutes left to write before my daily deadline. For those of you who want to pray for my soul now, don't worry, I have repented since "those days" and been forgiven, but thank you for your concern.

In a nut shell, I went to church high. Not on drugs, not on life, not on the Holy Spirit... on paint that I had eaten from underneath my fingernails.

What an exciting life I lead.


Thank you, Lord... for today. For the weather, for my bacon & cheese sandwich, and that little spot on the corner where we sat in the sun on my lunch break.

Thank you that I got to paint, outside, even if I did get a little high. Thank for not only understanding but giving me my sense of humor.

Thank you that I can rest in the truth that it is your smile that I live for and not that of the "world" or the "church."

Thank you, Lord.

It is You, I adore.


That's not pointless at all!

Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the point - thanks for sharing. Love, Ma